Microsoft Office is a suit of office working tools that help people and businesses connected and get transactions settled. Microsoft applications like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook are great for communication between individuals and businesses. The recent reports about ‘’the configuration registry database is corrupt’’ error message is associated with Microsoft Office when the program is run on computer. The error message has been found when running many versions of Office including Office 365 and it is an indication that some registry files connected to Microsoft Office applications are broken or corrupted.
The proximate cause of the ‘the configuration registry database is corrupt’’ error message could be due to one or more of the following defects:
1. Broken Office Installation: Most third-party antivirus programs may cause damage to Office software, and it could happen when an antivirus software scans and quarantines application files including the Office programs causing damage to the registry. If this is the issue with your PC, you can repair the broken files with the use of Office online recovery program via the internet.
2. Error due to conflict with third-party programs: If there is a conflict between a third-party software and some key features on your PC such as the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC) programs, it can trigger an error message when running Microsoft Office. If this happens, restarting your PC and running the program again may help to resolve the problem. However, if rebooting fails to help, restoring the system may resolve the glitch.
3. Error due to Broken System File: If a system file that influences the smooth running of Office program is corrupted, the error message ‘’the configuration registry database is corrupt’’ may appear on your screen. By simply running DISM and SFC scans, this glitch may be resolved, but if it doesn’t help, performing a clean install or system restore operation may help.
The following procedures provide a step-by-step guide on how to fix ‘’the configuration registry database is corrupt’’ error message on your computer.
1. Scan Your built-in Utilities (SFC & DISM) and check if the problem is fixed: If a system file is broken leading to the registry database error message, running some of your built-in-features such as the SFC and DISM should be able to fix the damaged file. One way to do this is by running a scan on your System File Checker. This procedure has the capacity to fix the defect even without being connected to the internet because the system can replace the damaged files using similar files from stored archive. A major warning here is that once you start scanning the utility, there should be no interruption till it is completed to avoid causing more damage to your system.
2. Boot Your System in a clean Boot state: If after scanning your utility like SFC and DISM the registry error message fails to go away, it means that some kinds of third-party program could have caused the problem. Booting your computer in a clean boot state may resolve the error message. If this procedure fixes the issue, revert your system to the normal state by reversing the steps in a clean boot state.