As a web designer, you will come across hundreds and thousands of web design templates. There are many designers who use web templates, while others opt for original designs created specifically for the project they handle. If you are a designer who is in a dilemma whether you should use a web template or not, no worries as you have come to the right place! Let’s take a look at whether you should use design templates for web design.
Should use a web template: a quick look
When it comes to using web templates, you will come across a wide range of opinions and to be honest it will definitely confuse anyone out there. Many designers tend to stick to designing a website with an original design created from scratch. But, many people are opting to use templates due to the offered advantages. Let’s take a quick look at these advantages below:
- Using a design template is an economical option as it helps to save cash. You can find great templates for $100 or below with amazing features. Two excellent free sources offering free templates are WordPress and Joomla. When you opt to use these templates, you will get to save the monthly fees that you would need to pay when managing the website.
- It also helps to save a lot of valuable time as you are not building a design from scratch. This can be quite frustrating. You may think that whether this time is spent on design, but in reality, the time is mostly spent on writing and perfecting the codes. The templates are pre-coded and this helps the designer a lot.
- You will get access to a wide range of features offered by the template that you select to use. This allows you with easy customization and it also offers a lot of time that would have been spent on customization.
- You don’t get to face the hassle of correcting various issues that you may face when using original design. When you opt for templates, and if you come across any technical issues, you will get quick support from the provider of the template and this helps to save you from a lot of hassle. You can contact the provider to get the support in various ways, including direct assistance but this will vary from one provider to another. Therefore, you should make sure of the supports provided before using the template.
- When you are using a template, you don’t need to wait for a long time to get the content published. As they are not technical in nature, you get the freedom to manage the site easily, allowing you to publish content of your choice anytime you want.
- Web templates are easy to manage, and they also come with proper coding. This means that you don’t need to go through the hassle of getting the right coding done and a lot of time is saved. You can easily design the site without having proper technical knowledge. Also, they come with the feature of inbuilt SEO.
If you feel that you are looking for these advantages, which will help you to become more productive with your work; you can definitely use it. At the end of the day, it’s your choice to use a template or not for web design.