Last Updated on January 24, 2022 by WebsiteDesigner.sg
WordPress is one of the largest website building platforms in the market. Lately, the words “e-commerce” and “Wordpress” are being used quite often in a statement together because as it turned out, WordPress is e-commerce powerhouse. WooCommerce, one of the world’s leading e-commerce platforms is a WordPress plug-in. It powers almost 40% of all the online shops. WordPress is deemed to be one of the easiest to use, user-friendly website building platform giving the user a lot of choice in everything. There are loads of templates and themes already and they offer a multitude of different ways to build an e-commerce startup. Here are we taking a magnified look at the numerous possibilities for user to build an e-commerce website using WordPress:
It is originally an independent e-commerce website. It offers users endless possibilities to build an e-commerce websites in exchange of monthly fees. It also offers tutorial to blend shopify and wordpress
- Beginner friendly
- No technical knowledge needed
- Offers wordpress themes
- Regular monthly payment
- Switching between shopify and wordpress
- No way to switch
WordPress offers various ways to create e-commerce websites. Even though WooCommerce takes up the largest part of the pie, there still are valid alternatives out there. Each comes with its own set of pros and cons and the users have to choose according to their own requirements.
- Easy Digital Downloads
It is an e-commerce solution by Pippin’s plug-ins. Here, they sell digital products rather than physical goods.
- One of the best for selling almost anything digital
- Availability of Unpaid version
- Mixes without any seams with WordPress
- Multiple payment getaways
- Ability to make use of promotional codes
- Ability to buy various products
- A little on the technical side
- Comes with the opposite to maximum design
- Not really selling any physical goods is one of the cons
- iThemes Exchange
iThemes Exchange offers a different way to build online websites using WordPress. It is known to be as one of the most successful WordPress companies. Their product has managed to break through the crowded wordpress market and still is going strong.
- Exists as free version under WordPress directory
- Two payment getaways
- Excels in building membership sites
- Easy to use
- Basic free, have to pay for advanced features.
- Smaller ecosystems
WooCommerce has been one of wordpress’s top plug-in for quite a time. It takes under a major part of the online shopping market. It has millions of active installs. These all are numbers that have only increased after Automattic bought WooCommerce.
- Feature Rich
- Variations in their products
- Distinctive payment getaways
- Shipping options
- freelance web designer singapore friendly
- Mixes well with any theme
- Loads of WooCommerce-made theme and large number of unpaid and commercial addendum.
- Does not need any specific skill set for setting up.
- Basic version is completely free
- Requires to being lots of element to build a complete online shop
- Organizing, trading using FTP servers
- While the basic system is unpaid, some of the features require money to unlock.