CSS in brief:
CSS or the Cascading Style Sheets describe the scripts that gather the styles to assign to HTML tags. These sheets are the collection of the values to assign to the desired attributes. In fact, there are specific methods in use that allow you to pick the desired tag and assign the desired value to the attribute.
CSS transitions in brief:
Besides, the transitions are defined using two methods:
- As the usual CSS declaration of styles, with the use of a selector which is generally the element id.
- A form called shorthand: gather all the properties.
Transition: property duration timing-function delay.
CSS transform in brief:
The transform function is the core of the transition. It is the function that affects the elements in itself and it can be called by the transition. This function alters the attributes of the elements, such as its position, its borders. The transform function works in order to change the value of the attribute using the scale(), skew(), and rotate() functions. It is also possible to combine more than one operating transforms to make the animation more believable. It works on the 2D levels as well as on the 3D level.
CSS transitions and limitations:
- Performing a complete and flawless scroll of the body of the document.
- Creating flawless gradient animations.
- Yet the background position can be altered by the CSS animations, the rest of the background attributes can’t be altered.
- The height attribute is still a struggle for the CSS animations.