Software development is one of the lucrative fields, given the current demand for technology in recent times. As a software developer, you will need to offer the best to your clients. A software developer also needs to be updated with the industry standards to stay ahead of others. To help you out, this article will take a look at some tips for developing software.
Some tips for developing software:
- You should consider using the dependency injection. It isn’t considered as a library but a pattern and chances are that you have already used them, along with constructor injection.
- You should make sure to limit the visibility of the class as much as possible. It is okay to make small codes public but if you see that your code base and your team is growing, you will only need to make visible what is required. The reason to do it as it will help to decrease the code base’s cognitive complexity. This will help your team to scale in a graceful way.
- You will need to consider emphasising on feature instead of functionality when it comes to packages. Sometimes one may find it difficult to reduce the class visibility when they are functionally organised and making everything public. You will need to find a way to deal with this issue. If you need help, you may engage a freelance web designer Singapore.
- You should consider immutability anywhere possible. This is because it will help to secure your code thread and the instance will not be required to be changed. It will also help to remove the cognitive complexity, without any changes in the instances. But, you need to remember that this instance can’t be used directly for Set and Map. Also, another benefit of using this is that it makes the sharing and catching objects much easier, without changing the instance.
- It is best advised to use GIT as it will offer the best compared to the other systems out there.
- If you are a software developer who uses git-flow and you may have come across issues with growing number of commits per day and your team. In that case, you should consider using the master-only workflow as it will offer you more benefits than git-flow.
- You will get the option to choose from a wide range of architectural patterns for an app. But, there’s one pattern, which is “push -don’t -pull” pattern that will offer you with the best advantages compared to other patterns. When you are using this particular pattern, you don’t need to go for Rx or observables. As it’s not a library, but a pattern for which you can easily use simple callbacks.
- You should make sure not to use singletons if there’s an alternative. Although it may be difficult to do so, it is possible. The reason why it is best to avoid as it helps to keep the global state and global state is not desirable.
- You will need to opt for diversification. If you are not getting how one field works, you should discuss your confusion or participate in a similar discussion to get a good knowledge regarding the field.