It takes more than just to learn web design to become a web designer. There are many important aspects such as business strategy, design skills to master to become a freelance web designer Singapore. If you are looking to become a web designer, this article will help you to understand how to become one in brief.
Steps to becoming a web designer:
- The first thing you will need to do is to understand web design. If you are a beginner, you will easily find various resources online and offline to learn about web design. If you are willing to learn website design free, you can easily find hundreds of YouTube videos and websites and tutorials online. There are also free PDFs of various web design books online that you can download for free. You can also purchase web design books from the store which are authored by experienced web designers.
- If you are looking for on-campus classes, there are many technical and 2 year colleges that offer web design courses spanning 4 months or more. You will need to pay a specific amount of money to get enrolled at any of these courses.
- If you are learning by yourself, you will need to start with HTML first. You should try learning HTML5, which is the latest version. Other important things you will need to learn for web design are CSS, MySQL, and PHP etc.
- Any designer should be well versed with the proper software. There are three staple programs that a designer will need to master and these are code editor such as Adobe Dreamweaver, FTP application [for example fileZilla] and photo editor [for example Adobe Photoshop]. There are various tutorials online which will help you to learn the various aspects of these three programs and how to use them.
- Make some project websites as this will help you to implement the various techniques of web design that you have learned. You will also be able to apply your creativity and fix any shortcomings that you find in your designs. You will also need to learn various techniques of interactive website design. Responsive web design has become an industry standard.
- Find a dynamic website service as this will help to enhance the user experience (UX).
- You will need to download and install a web server, which will allow works to be done on the scripts locally, and you will not need to use a net connection.
- It is best to create your website, which will also help to showcase your skills as a web designer. It is best if you create a strong portfolio of your work, which the potentials clients can see. You can also work for free for friends and family to create a website for them. You can also start this career by working as a freelance web designer on various and you can move for the bigger projects freelance websites online. This will also help to add to your job experience later on as an experienced web designer.