A framework is a tool that is available to web designers when designing a website. It isn’t a necessity, but it does offer advantages when used. Web designers should consider using a framework to help to get a head start when working on projects. There are various things to know about the framework that is definitely helpful for web designers. Let’s take a look at using the framework and things that web designers should know about it.
What is a framework?
It’s a full package that consists of folders and file structures of standardized codes, such as CSS, HTML, and JS documents etc. These are used for developing a website and supporting it, which is the first step in creating a functioning website. Majority of the websites share a similar structure. Website frameworks help to offer a common structure for the websites so that one doesn’t need to do all the work from scratch and the codes can be used again.
Some things about frameworks to know:
- There are many popular frameworks that web designers can choose to use. But, before selecting the framework, one should make sure to check out the advantages and disadvantages of the framework. WordPress is one popular CMS and wireframe that is used by web designers.
- Framework saves a lot of time. When you opt to use a framework, you will not need to re-create the whole work from scratch with every website design project that you take. It also helps the client when it comes to using, maintaining the website and upgrading it.
- There are two types of frameworks available. They are frontend and backend frameworks. For front end framework, the source code of CSS is used for creating the grids. This allows one to position any elements in the site design with ease.
- The technique of responsive web design is a trend to stay and it has become an industry standard. Many web designers are now opting for the responsive framework. This framework will easily offer responsiveness as soon as it is installed.
- Different sites have got different features. You can use a complete framework of any web page site and get the appropriate result but this also means that you will miss out on several types of resources. You also don’t need to spend too much time to think which framework to use, as there aren’t any major differences between them, and you can use any one of these complete frameworks to get your website work done without any hassle.
- If you are looking for a quick installation, then you should definitely take a good look at which framework will offer you with this advantage. Some frameworks are quite easy to install, and you can start using it fast. While there are also some frameworks that will take some time to configure before using them. Similarly, some are easy to understand, while there are some that take some time to understand as they see and to an extent are complicated and work with them.